Sunday, September 23, 2018

GRADE 3 EFL CLASS

 To support the development of our students writing skills I thought of a small project for my G3 English language learners. I carefully chose stories for my students to read with reach language and patterns for them to explore. We read three stories in a week.

The next step for my students was to use the patterns in their own writing. Some scaffolding table cards were made to remind the children of the patterns we focused on.

Scaffolding table card



Another form of scaffolding was the picture story starters that were given to the students. That way they did not have to think about what to write and could start planning straight away. It was important as we had only 45 minutes for planning, writing and editing our written piece. My plan is to share the written pieces and explore how we can improve them as well as celebrate a successful story writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment