Sunday, August 26, 2018

Grade 3 EFL Class

Summary Writing

In English as a Foreign language class, we read a story "The  Clever Monkey" and practiced writing a summary. First, we thought about the definition of summary and the purpose of summarising stories. The students shared their opinion on what was important in the story and what details they could skip. All the children were engaged in the word choice process. Our goal was to find the right words and construct 3 or 4 clear sentences about the story. 
During the discussion, all my students were successful in creating 3 - 4 essential sentences about the story. However, when I offered them to write the sentences down, several students produced a really detailed description of events.
I will start our next class with a sharing session and will guide my students towards the correct conclusions. We will have one more practice lesson, giving a chance to all my students to experience success.

No comments:

Post a Comment