Sunday, August 14, 2016

Grade 3 EFL Class

All my students were pretty enthusiastic about our decision making discussion.

To trigger their thinking we watched a video and discussed what was new for us in the video and what we learned.

After that we read a story that gave us some food for thought and discussed the decisions and actions of the main character. We talked about how one decision leads to another and why it is so important to think before we act and others are affected. 

Since moral values dictate our decision making process, I also thought that fables could be excellent to provoke discussions as the "moral of the story" is stated there very clearly. I may try to use fables next week.

In order to summarize all the thinking my students created a concept map that would show how one decision triggers another. My students had a choice of using the story we read for creating the concept map or they could use their own life experience as an example.

The bell rang when our concept maps were mostly ready. Next week we will share and discuss our maps. I am really looking forward to this class as I observed some of my students using their own life experiences and I can’t wait to hear their stories.

Kim Veng  and the  concept map he created. We will learn what it is all about on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment